Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:37:55 -0600
Kshitiz writes:

<<I get blue-screen error and system hang ups every time I go online>>

If you don't reopen in Safe Mode after any power-off forced shutdown
following a crash, you run a huge risk of ending up with a corrupt
registry.  At first this may not be particularly noticeable, but these
problems may spiral quickly out of control, until you end up with a very
unstable and frustrating system.  Unfortunately, it seems that your system
may have now got itself into rather a tangle.

You may need to restore the registry.

Hopefully, other replies may get you back on the right track, although you
haven't told us what OS you are using nor which version of IE, so it's not
possible to be too specific.

I have written an article, aimed at beginners, on how to  recover from a
crash.  I think it may still be on the PCSoft archives somewhere, but if
you or anyone else would like a copy of it, Email me and I'll send it to you.

It won't guarantee success with every system, but might help minimise any
such problems.  It seems that some brands and configurations of computers
are more susceptible than others to this sort of problem.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://members.xoom.com/donpen.1/
A horrible mixture of fractals, poetry, and free icons.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html