Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:31:22 -0400
Using the "Customize" for the Explorer Toolbar, you can add buttons for "CopyTo" and "MoveTo" that will each do exactly what they say.  They each open a destination Browse window so you can find the exact spot to which you want to copy or move a file or folder.

I don't like the double-paned explorer window and I never use it, so I set folder options to remember the settings for each folder and then,  as I use folders, I set them up I want them - usually to "List" view, and size and place the window where I want it.  I generally place all subfolders so that their "close" Xs line up & cover each other - then I can close a large number of windows rapidly without moving the mouse.  There is a tweak (Karen's I think) that will up the number of remembered folder view/positions to 8000.   I have thousands of documents, but "My Documents" folder contains only broad folder categories (Downloads, Financial, Entertainment, Home & Garden, Support, Shopping, etc that are further divided from there) and is sized to a thin one-page list that I keep on the right edge of my screen (with a shortcut to it in the taskbar).  I have colored folder icons on the ones I use most often to help me find them quickly.  I can get to any document very quickly and with CopyTo and MoveTo buttons on the tool bar, browse to where I want to move or copy a file very quickly.

If you don't know how to put new buttons on the Explorer toolbar, or how to put a shortcut to a folder on the taskbar, post again and ask about that.

Anna Summers

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:30 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Tweaks for XP

Lynn wrote:  Didn't there used to be a tweak in Win95 where you could move a file instead of using the send to. What I'm looking for is some shortcut that would move a file from C drive to F drive and not just copy it to F. I don't want to have to delete stuff after I've used the move command.  I'm running WinXP

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml