Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jose Anaya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:59:03 +0000
There are some reasons for not bundling an undelete utility with
Windows 9x. First, there's the recycle bin concept; it was in theory
designed to allow for undeleting files, so there was no need for
"another" such tool as long as you reserve enough disk space for
deletions. A second reason seems to make more sense. Windows is a
background working machine, it is continuously reading and writing to
the disk without issuing any notice, swapping data between disk and
memory, creating and deleting temporay files an so on. These operations
overwrite whatever they find on system released disk space, including
deleted files. For this reason it is not of great help to use an
undelete tool when the user keeps working for a while after deleting
a file.

Anyway, Norton Utilities 2000 has a great unerase DOS-oriented tool
suitable for both FAT16 or FAT32 which is as good as you can get
considering the odds with Windows 9x. I believe there's a demo copy
of the NU2K at Symantec's website otherwise they are not expensive
and IMHO are worth the price.

Good luck.

Jose

Earl Truss wrote:

> [...]