Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:26:28 -0000
Tom Waddell asked:-

" Each row will have an item listed in the
left hand column with the price per item and quantity
needed in following columns. I want the last 3
columns of each row to be (1) the price of one item,
multiplied by (2) the quantity needed for that item,
followed by (3) the product in the last column."

On row five the calculation in D5 will be
=B5*C5
You must start the calculation with an =

" I also need the bottom row of the last column to
calculate the total project cost."

I suggest you have the total project cost at the top of the
sheet above the listing. That way no matter how many sheets
you use and no matter how long the list you will always
know where your total is. The short cut CTRL Home will take
you to the top left of your sheet and immediately bring the
total into view.

The formula =SUM(D5:D500) is quite happy adding downwards
or upwards.

To link a cell in a "room sheet" to the "overall totals
sheet". On the  "overall totals sheet" select an empty
cell, type an =, you can then move to anywhere else in your
workbook, click the cell you want linked and then tap
Return/Enter and the link will be established.

I have e-mailed Tom a basic Excel workbook, it is only 22K
in size. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Regards

Tony

Tony Beckett
Rutland, UK