Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ryan Schutte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:49:48 -0500
I am working on a Windows XP problem.  There are two drives, a
DVD-ROM and a CD-RW.  Neither one will show up in my computer
although the bios does recognize them.  I can also use them if I boot
off of a CD or in to XP-Live.  In Device Manager, it says the drivers
can't be loaded for them.

I have tried a windows repair install.  The CD-ROMs are "disabled"
early enough that after the initial Windows XP installing and the
computer rebooting, it doesn't see the CD-ROMs to continue the
install.  I finished the install by copying the I386 files off of the
CD to the hard drive, and whenever it asked for files, told it to look there.

After that didn't work, I looked to see what drivers the CD drives
were using and replaced them with copies from another computer - that
didn't work either.

I have done three virus scans (trend micro, panda and symantec) and
an ad-aware scan on the computer, as well as all the windows updates.

Any suggestions to get the cd drives working??

~@~
Ryan E. Schutte (Cheetahs) - [log in to unmask]

To judge me based on what you read, is to deny me of my life long creed.
Get to know me and you will see, I'm more than words......a personality:)
-- author unknown

                       http://freepctech.com/rode