Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:17:24 -0400
I downloaded and installed Outlook 98 Thursday night.
It ran great all day Friday.  I loaded and exited the
program several times with no problems.

I customized the toolbars, imported my mail and address book,
and changed some options/config settings.  Exited and reloaded
to make sure all was still ok -- and it was.

Shut down the PC for while.  When I rebooted and reloaded Outlook,
it downloaded my mail with no problem.  After a few minutes of
reading, deleting, and replying, it suddenly locked up.  I tried
to ctrl-alt-del to the task manager, but it totally rebooted.

Since then, I can't get into Outlook, it crashes with this
error message:
      OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in
      module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0137:6e3f98c5.

It starts to load, I see the Logo/Welcome screen, and it "draws"
the main window BUT it has a wierd toolbar with only three buttons.
Those three buttons just happen to be the ones I added when
I customized the toolbars... coincidence?

Anyway, so far I have tried:
SCANDISK all drives
RegClean 4.1a
Nuts & Bolts registry cleaner
Downloaded and reinstalled the application again.
REloaded the Kernel32.dll update (starting to get desparate now)

To answer a couple of the more obvious questions.
P5-133
32Meg RAM
9Gig scattered over 5 logical drives (300-500 meg free on each)
Office 95 AND 97 both installed (with no conflicts)
Office 97 Service Release 1 installed
Exchange, Outlook Express, and - obviously- Outlook 98 installed.
MSIE 3.x and 4.x installed.

Keep in mind that Outlook ran for almost a whole day -- 3 or 4 separate
sessions and about 100-150 pieces of mail.

I have a strong hunch that it has something to do with the customized
toolbars (has anybody out there customized their toolbars?), but I'm
open to any suggestions.

--
Jim Meagher
=====