Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Mc Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:29:43 -0800
Rob, have her look in the control panel and delete it from there then do a
file search under whatever name she knows of for the file.  Most of the time
getting rid of a program in control panel really doesn't wipe it out.

Any programs that run when our computers start are in the windows startup
menu.  There may be programs that your friend doesn't want to get rid of but
that she doesn't want to start up when her computer does.  I also have
win98SE, and here's what I do to keep a program I want to save from starting
with my computer:

Click start, run, then type in msconfig then click on the startup tab.
Uncheck the box next to any program not wanted with startup, then reboot.

Some programs, like real player, will insert themselves into the startup
menu whenever they are run, so if I ever use that I have to go back to
msconfig and uncheck it, or else the next time I start my computer it will
run also.

I also recommend using a spyware program to keep certain things from getting
into her computer.  Adaware is a good free one, but spybot catches many more
instances of spyware.  It's good to have both because spybot is appartently
a program some guy invented and it's questionable whether or not he will
continue to maintain it.

Mary Mc Donald

A friend has asked me to help her rid her computer of a very persistent porn
program ...

My request is what and where should i be looking for this program and where
it is being called to start from. I do realize that there are several places
this can happen, startup folder, registry, win. ini system files etc.
    She is running Windows 98SE

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml