Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:43:05 -0400
I am trying to figure out the processes running in the background by
looking at the Processes tab of Windows NT Task Manager. After checking the
actual name and descripton for each, I found most are running from
Winnt\system32\. I include the list below (excluding some obvious ones like
explorer.exe):

csrss.exe = Client Server Runtime Process, 540K
ddhelp.exe = Direct Draw Helper, 520K
Internat.exe = Internat, 1756K
LOADWC.EXE = Load WebCheck, 200K
lsass.exe = LSA Executable and Server DLL, 676K
mstask.exe = Task Scheduler Engine, 216K
mswheel.exe = IntelliPoint Wheel Message EXE, 284K
nddeagnt.exe = Network DDE Agent, 64K
PSSVC.exe = Dell AutoShutdown Service, 464K
PSTORES.EXE = Protected storage server, 136K
rpcss.exe = Distribute COM Services, 528K
SERVICES.EXE = Services and Controller app, 2904K
smss.exe = Windows NT Session Manager, 36K
spoolss.exe = Spooler SubSystem App, 272K
systray.exe = System Tray Applet, 140K
taskmgr.exe = Windows TaskManager, 1900K
Winlogon.exe = Windows NT Logon Application, 64K

Is there a webpage that explaining what each one is doing in the
background. I can guess some, but some are just obscure.

For example:
internat? dealing with internet? in what ways?
load webcheck?
LSA executable and server DLL?
Task scheduler engine?
Network DDE Agent?
Protected storage server?
Distribute COM Services?
NT session manager?
Spooler subsystem? for print?

Also, what is PID? Is it process ID? How does it get assigned? How about
CPU? Mine is dual processor system. I thought 00 is one, and 01 is another.
I have seen it on 13, 15, 88 and it constantly changing.

Thanks for any information,

Changhsu Liu

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html