Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 02:07:30 -0700
Tom writes:

<<I made the mistake of installing Cacheman and PC Accelerator and letting
them do their thing with cache settings and now my system had ground to
slow speed>>

It's most unlikely that Cacheman would have that much affect, all it does
is set virtual memory swapfile size. If Windows is set to auto-manage
virtual memory, then that's not the problem.  PC ACC I don't know, but I'd
guess it's made some registry changes, perhaps changed Explorer priorities.
Uninstalling it probably won't reverse those changes.

For more info on memory swapfile (virtual memory) see tutorial on my website.

I suggest you restore your registry back to a copy made before installing
these programs.

Before installing any performance-enhancing utility, you should always make
a registry backup.
Any half-way decent utility of this nature should do this anyway, so check
PC ACC to see whether it has the facility built in to restore your system.

Cacheman is reliable and shouldn't mess up your system. Frankly, you won't
normally notice much improvement, either, unless things are really out of
whack.

It's always possible that your slowdown is quite unrelated to these
programs, just a weird coincidence of timing.  Don't disregard other
possibilities.

To answer your question--no, it's unlikely that uninstalling these programs
will automatically undo any settings they may have made. Have you checked
their help files or Readme's in this regard?

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml