Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

"Bonnie :-)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:49:44 -0400
Hi Linda,
I have not experineced any problems with AVG. So, I can't really answer your
? What I would suggest is that she use one of the on-line scans. There are
several on-line scanners. My pref is RAV & HouseCall.
RAV has found (in the past) a virus that others didn't & it took care of it.
Hope this helps some.
Joyonya, Bonnie Rowley
----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Pulliam" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 4:19 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] AVG newbie with problems

Last night I helped (by long distance telephone!) my college roommate
gain control over her computer after she had automatically installed
SP2. She primarily uses her computer to access the internet and to run
Printmaster. She could not access the internet at all. I had her remove
the SP2 update and found immediate improvement. Something she said led
me to believe that she did not currently have ANY antivirus protection.
Since I had heard members here use AVG. I directed her to that program.
She registered and downloaded the program. During the initial process it
detected viruses. (I suspected such.) She reports to me:

    Ran test...twice...actually...it lists viruses when I asked for test
    results...and ends with...VIRUS INFECTION DETECTED!!!

    I was kinda' hoping it would fix it...from the report, how I can
    tell...or...for that matter, from where...anywhere can I tell what
    I...or the program itself did?

Can anyone direct me to the appropriate answers or "how-to" for her? We
need the step-by-step procedure. If this program will not (cannot?)
remove the viruses, does it at least quarantine them?

I appreciate all your help, in advance. I use a different anti-viral so
I'm at a loss.

Linda Pulliam

---
My outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.