Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
HARDIKAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 06:19:10 +0300
Hi,
I read your reply regarding Desktop Themes Problem referred by one of the
members of PCSOFT Discussion Group. I too benefited by the solution provided
by you as I was also suffering from the same problem since I purchased the
computer about two years back. Thanks a lot for the same.
I wish to take this opportunity to refer another strange problem being faced
by me in the hope of a solution,
I am unable to play some of the AVI files, instead following error message
appears:
" MMSYSTEM296. The file can not be played on the specified MCI device. The
file is either corrupt or not in the correct format."
While there are plenty of other AVI files which are working fine with the
same system, which is strange for me.I am not facing any other problem in
Multimedia applications. I am unable to link the problem to any specific
incidence, the only thing I can recollect is that this problem was not there
when I purchased the computer.I have already tried out  all the tips provided at MS trouble shooter site such as uninstalling and reinstalling MSACM drivers, Audio compression codecs, reinstalling the mediaplayer, reinstalling Multimedia in the Window setup ..etc, but of no help.

THE SYSTEM:

O. S. Window95 ver.4.00.950a
Diamond Stealth 64 series 3000 (Diamond GT) , 4MB VRAM.
PROCOMP LTD: OPTi 16 Sound Card, Sound System Playback (534)
DirectX 6.0 installed

The file association for the AVI files in my computer is with Media Player .
After installation of IE5 the media player at START / PROGRAM / ACCESSORIES
/ MULTIMEDIA / MEDIAPLYER has been replaced by the latest Windows
MediaPlayer Ver 6.x. When I try to open these NONWORKING .AVI files in the
media player that ships with the Windows(Mediaplayer Ver 2.x), neither video
nor sound plays. However if I open  these avi files with the latest  Windows
Mediaplayer Ver 6.X the video appears but the sound is muted by (X) on the
speaker icon. As a result one of the MM software I purchased "THE CAREER I Q
TEST FROM m/S  VIRTUAL ENTERTAINMENT" fails to proceed further with the
error message " MMSYSTEM296. The file can not be played on the specified MCI
device. The file is either corrupt or not in the correct format."There is
nothing wrong in that CD since it works fine on the other computer.

The problem was there even before I installed IE5 when I had Mediaplayer Ver
5.x.

Following are the other Players presently installed on my computer:

1. VCD Powerplayer - Cyberlink Corp -   Ver 3.22
2. Audio CD Player - Willo Pond - Ver 2.x
3.MIDI Player - Willo Pond - Ver 2.x
4. Wave Player - Willo Pond - Ver 2.x
5. WIAMP MP3 Player - NullSoft - Ver 2.08
6. QuickTime Player  Apple Computers Ver 4.x
7. Real Player G-2

Detailed information about the System is as follows:
OS: Windows 95     : 4.0  Build 1111  a
 Language       : English (current regional setting: English
CPU            : Intel Pentium MMX
 # of Processors: 1
 Physical memory: 32 MB RAM
 Page file space: 440 MB free, 35 MB in use   (475 MB total)

Sound
 Card name      : U.S. Robotics Sportster Voice Serial Wave Device
 Wave Out Device: Game Compatible Device
 PnP or PCI ID  :
MODEMWAVE\SPORTSTER_VOICE_33.6_PNP_FAX_INTERNAL\ROOT&MDMGEN&COM4
 Driver         : serwvdrv.drv
 Version        : 4.10.00.0431 "4.10.431"  English Beta Retail
 Current files  : serwvdrv.drv(English), serwave.vxd(English,  5-24-1996)

 Card name      : U.S. Robotics Sportster Voice Serial Wave Device
 Wave Out Device: Voice Modem Wave #00 Line