Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:23:49 -0600
I've never been successful in putting the results of an Advanced Filter on a
different sheet than the original data.  I've always put the results on the
original sheet and then moved them.  Is there a way to get the results to a
different sheet to begin with?

Debbie Grabb

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Tony Beckett
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Merge data in Excel

Larry Fisk asked, regarding two combined lists in Excel:-
"Can anyone suggest a simple way for these lists to get combined,
with rows being added where necessary, duplicates eliminated, and
quantities being added?"

You can use Data/Filter/Advanced Filter to produce a second version
of the combined list with the  duplicates removed - either on the
same sheet or on a second sheet.

The help provided by Excel on the subject makes it seem more
complex than it really is, so if you have not used "Advanced Filter"
before and don't get on with it send me a small sample of the data in
an Excel workbook and I will be pleased to set it up for you.

Regards
Tony
Tony Beckett - Rutland, UK

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: