Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:36:17 -0400
By jove, I think I got it!!!!!!!!!  I went to the Add/Remove Programs as suggested below and under Window Components, unchecked Windows Messenger.  I rebooted, and when I opened O/E the messenger icon no longer appeared in the tray.  My reason for wanting to get rid of this pest is I have recently been deluged with emails from all walks of life.  Many thanks to all of you for your support.  It is most appreciated.  Dottie Hoch
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Glazier
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 11:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Windows Messenger

  Dottie, The GRC program was for the *Administrative Alert* Messenger Service
  (sub-system in the OS), not the Program "Windows Messenger"
  It was for SYSTEM Admin use, but was "taken over" by SPAMMERS because
  there was ZERO security. It is perfectly safe to block it as you have.
  It is useless these days anyway...

  I can't look now on a matching system,, but "back when", the answer to your question
  was to FIRST allow Windows Messenger to start. Or get it running somehow.
  That should easy, or you would not be here asking, <grin>...

  Open it and look for the Option Screen.
  Set it not NOT start with Windows.
  See if any other serttings look like they are "interesting" or wrong. (Tray setting, etc.)

  That was the old way. MS re-cycles their code a LOT so that is a good guess.

  IF you want to un-install it, you might find it in Add-Remove Programs, under
  Windows Components, possibly buried in a sub-section.
  WHEN I had it installed, I just shut it off. (That wes good enough.)

  Rick Glazier

  From: "Dottie"
  Subject: "Windows Messenger"

    From: Tom

  >> Try "Shoot the Messenger" from Gibson Research.
  >>  www.GRC.com

                   our special coffee cups and mouse pads
                with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>