Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:49:56 -0800

Yes, I'm sorry about that. As Kris Shapar wrote:
> Holding Shift down works if the file type has been
> associated with an application. But if the file type
> hasn't been associated with an app, then holding Shift
> down wouldn't make any difference, and you would expect
> to be able to see Open with after simply rightclicking on
> the file

My eyes have been overworked lately, reading books and the
monitor screen, so I guess that's how I missed the "open
with" option. (I am surprised that I missed it, because I
checked several times, not wanting to be wrong.)

Dave C. wrote:
> I believe in order to make this type of association one must
> have Internet Explorer 3.0x or greater installed on one's
> system.  I believe IE, through the magic of Microsoft, is
> the only browser possible to make this association with web
> sites.  However, once IE is installed, you should be able to
> change your default browser back to Netscape, and then when
> you type something like http://www.yahoo.com into the run
> dialog box, Netscape will be launched opening the page.

I suspected that might be the reason. I looked through
several books on win95 and although some wrote a few lines
about being able to get to a web page this way, none
indicated that it wouldn't work without IE installed.

I don't want to have IE installed in case it introduces
other problems, and I don't need it since I have Netscape,
but I will install it to see if this idea works. (I am
thinking that there is a possibility that for this to work,
I have to install it during the win95 install, but I will
try it anyway.) Then I will get rid of IE. I read that it's
hard to get rid of, so I will just use Drive Image to
restore my drive C:, which only holds my programs, not any
notes or data I want to keep. I recommend using a program
like Drive Image instead of an uninstall program, since this
will quickly get your system exactly back the way you want
it.

-----The following is a tip for beginners,(like me)----
 All you have to do is, when you install another program,
take the .exe file that installs the program and put a copy
of it in a folder. This folder will contain a copy of all
the installation programs you have run since your last image
file made with Drive Image. Then let's say you think your
system might be a little messed up, due to a power outage,
or files left behind after uninstalling a program, or maybe
you experience a few lock-ups due to imperfect software,
ect. Or maybe you just want to get rid of a program you no
longer want. It just takes a few minutes to reinstall your
image file, then just go into the folder containing a copy
of your recent installation files, and install those.

Brad Britton

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]