Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Wesley Tolle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:54:27 -0500
I have shortcuts on my desktop of Windows 98, which open Word 6 (95) and Excel, into the “Working Directory” as specified in the second edit field of each shortcut.

This enables me to open Excel in one directory, usually several levels deep, or to open Word in the same way.

I found it necessary to first delete the Default Directory Edit Fields in these applications. Otherwise These Default Edit Fields, if not blank, would take priority over the Working Directories in my shortcuts thereby rendering these working directories meaningless to the application.

If you open Word or Excel in some other location, you have to go through the time consuming task if either getting to your multi-level-deep directory by browsing, or by using the Open feature and typing in a very long path to the files in the directory that you are presently wanting to use.

I have not been able to Null the Default Directory Field in Word 2000. This means that I am unable to use shortcuts to open it in different directories determined by different shortcuts, because the Working Directory Edit Fields in these shortcuts are ignored by Word 2000, which opens in whatever Default Directory happens to have been last defined there.

This seems to nullify the intent of the Working Directory feature of the shortcut, since it is now ignored and meaningless to the application that it opens.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to Null out the Default Directory Field in Word 2000, under Tools, Options, File Locations.

I would like to continue using my shortcuts as I have been doing for yeard before Word 2000 came along.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com