Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Clarence W. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 16:32:45 -0500
George: I found an article in the symantic knowledged base that said you cannot use Norton to uninstall Norton programs including Norton System Works. The Document Id is: 1998120111525626.

I used the Add/Remove program to uninstall NSW, then installed it again without Crashguard and Cleansweep. The settings I used came from an article written by Scot Finnie at Winmag.com. It you want the newsletter email me and I will forward it to use.

You may want to do a full install of NSW, then uninstall it using the Add/Remove program located at start/settings/control panel/add/remove. Maybe that will clean up some of your problems.
Good luck,
Clarence

Reply to:
Date:    Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:28:57 -0500
From:    George Parmenter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Registry and Symantec

Hi Helpful Friends,
Has anyone had any experience removing all the stuff Norton Utilities
puts in the registry? Whenever I reboot I get a dos box message telling
me that my config.sys, registry or system.ini refers to a program that
no longer exists. It does this two or three time and each time I have to
hit the enter key to continue booting. This is because I uninstalled
Norton after numerous problems with "Crash Guard" which kept crashing my
computer. I used the uninstaller that came with this evaluation version.
It left hundreds of entries in the registry. I have already removed all
references in the config.sys and the system.ini files that I can
recognize. Under HKey Classes Root I see bunches of NUCrashNuCrash,
NURscDLLRescueItemMsDosSys, NURscDLLRescueItemStdSysAutoexec, etc., etc.
I would like to delete these keys but want to be cautious as well. I
have made backups of my system.dat and user.dat already. Does anyone
have experience with this sort of difficulty? What is the best way to
handle it?
George Parmenter

                         http://nospin.com/rode