Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kenneth Vickery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:46:07 -0400
Marilyn, Ed, I bought the external Quick Drive USB 2.0 unit, a 60GB HD (about the max it will
support) and installed the USB software and proceeded to COPY the data (no special software) from
each of my HD's on my three computers onto it.  I copied, not backuped so all my files are readily
available.  I thought about doing a backup of my HDrives but chose to copy instead.  In case of a
crash of either of my computers, I expect I can install my operating system on a new HD and then
copy back any/all files from my external.  My plans are to do a "changed file" update on a regular
basis.  I haven't really started this procedure. I did download a free program that is supposed to
do this but haven't used it enough to know if it works or not.  Cost: QD USB 2.0 was about $70; 60
GB HD (WD) was about $140.  Prices of HD's has dropped since I bought mine.
Ken

Marilyn Milbrandt wrote:

> Ed -
>
> You said <<< What are people's thougths on using USB 2.0 external hard drives
> for backups?  I like to assume the "worst case scenario" so that if my hard
> drive crashes, I could be up and running in less than an hour with a high
> degree of certainty that all my files (or most nearly all) were intact.
> Thoughts, suggestions, input?>>>

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml