Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:52:02 -0800
Let's clarify. You had Windows 9X installed on drive C. Then you installed
XP on drive D. XP did not install anything on drive C other then the boot
sector / loader files.

You want to get rid of XP and go back to Windows 9X. You removed all files
from the D drive but now the boot loader won't work. This is what I read
from your post....and here is how the job should be done. Lets go back and
do it as if you hadn't done anything to remove XP.

Boot off a Windows 9X floppy or startup disk that you made using your
existing version of Windows 9X. Any kind of bootable floppy created with
your current version of Win9X will do.  Windows 9X is still on drive C right?

Once you boot up off the floppy ...type these commands.

PATH = C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND

FORMAT D: /Q            <comment this will quick format your D drive
removing all data>

C:
CD \

ATTRIB -h -s -r C:\NETLOG.TXT

DEL C:\NETLOG.TXT

ATTRIB -h -s -r C:\NTDETECT.COM

DEL C:\NTDETECT.COM

ATTRIB -h -s -r C:\BOOT.INI

DEL C:\BOOT.INI

<comment XP is now completely removed, lets restore the Win9X boot sector>

SYS C:

  <comment...Ok windows 98 boot sector is restored. Remove your floppy and
reboot into Windows 98.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 11:35 AM 1/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello to you all: I have a machine that contains (2) hard drives. On drive
>C: I've installed Win98SE and it worked really well,note the term
>"worked,in the past tense.I had decided to install WinXP Pro on the second
>drive D:. Nothing like having two OS's right?---WRONG. XP was all that was
>touted about it until I started loading applications and programs into it.
>First it says this won't work and that is not acceptable to M$and this is
>not digitally signed that won't run with XP, need administrator permission
>to do this and, that and so on and, so on. Got sick of the fight so I
>decided to remove XP from drive D:. This is where everything really fell
>apart. Since I couldn't find a way in XP to to remove,it, I decided to
>restart in MSDOS mode so I could just format D: and go on.
>       WRONG again. Machine just sits there with a blank screen for hours
> until I hit the restart button or, ctrl-alt-del.  I finally decided to
> insert a 98se boot disc along with win98se cd-rom and, go from there. It
> was sucessful in that it removed all the info on drive D:. I thought my
> troubles were over
> then.
> WRONG again. First it seems that some of XP's quirks have leached over
> into Win98se system. I cannot get rid of the Win XP choice upon boot up.
> I cannot restart in the msdos mode. I have nothing at all listed in the
> config sys.  Quite frankly, I don't know where or what to do or HOW to
> resolve these problems. Obviously ,as you can tell by this letter, I'm
> not an OS expert or, anything near for that matter. I just need to know
> how to get my Win98 to work like it used to before I got this wild hair
> for XP. Anything short of a format that is. Something like step by step
> instructions for this "dummy". Any he
>lp would be much appreciated.  Thanks.  Ed Bogert

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com