Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 01:07:52 -0500
I scratched part of my head that used to contain all about DOS
and a few things came out.
1. "SET" sets a variable named DIRCMD (in this case) in the
environment to the value "/O:N/P"  You can verify this by typing
the command "SET" in DOS and it will respond with all the
environmental values including "DIRCMD=/O:N/P"
2.  The switches you are setting by this command are "/O:N"
and "/P"  The switch "/O:N" says to Order the files by Name.
The switch "/P" says to pause after each Page of file names
are displayed on the screen.
3.  Now that information is stored in the environment so that
when the DOS command "DIR" (to display the contents of a
directory) the files will be automatically sorted by name and
will be displayed a page at a time.  (Requires a carriage
return to display the next page)
4.  I have no idea why this command is in your autoexec.bat
if you are running windows.  The only reason I know that you
would get a bad command message is that the computer
does not know where the files containing the DOS commands
are located.  I think they have even gone away in some versions
beyond W98 (my latest.)
5.  These were the kind of problems we saw every day in DOS
and at the time were quite elementary to figure out because
they were such a common occurrence.  However, my memory
has faded considerably.
6.  Some other old f-- (fellow) may be able to show that my
explanation above is not not exactly correct, but I think that most
of it is correct.
7.  I don't know why you have this in your autoexec and I think
you could remove it with no problems.  You did not mention if the
problem just started or what version of S/W you are running, etc.
That would be a help.  Maybe this is an ancient computer with DOS
commands remaning in it from years ago??????

Good Luck

Don Elias