Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:07:38 -0700
I was not at all happy about that update either. There was no warning, so I'm betting a lot of people ended up in
your predicament. ( When I say there was no warning - I don't even have McAfee set to auto-update, yet it did. )

It's possible that whatever program you were running at the time would not allow the update to install completely.
Are you able to try a manual update? That may complete the installation.

The update, which pretty much completely reinstalled McAfee, was quite large and took about 15 minutes via my cable
connection. If you're on DSL it should have only taken a few minutes - not 3 hours, but if you're on a regular
dialup connection, perhaps you pulled the plug too soon?

Either way, I would try a manual update first, if you can. If that fails, check McAfee's site for removal
instructions. If you still have no luck, you may need to call them. Considering the way the update was forced, I'll
bet they get a lot of angry calls over this little blunder. Perhaps they'll pick up the tab if enough people call?
hth

Al Thompson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Motsinger"
Subject: [PCSOFT] McAfee virus scan upgrade

McAfee has sent me an upgrade that automatically started  running on my computer. I did not initiate. It ran for
almost three hours yesterday and never completed its mission. It would not let me shut the computer down manually
so I eventually had to pull the plug in order to free up the telephone. I tried to disable virus scan via control
panel and then the remove program but it would not let me. Do I need to contact McAfee and be charged for a phone
call to a tech or is there another way to correct? Thanks for your assistance.

Roger in Illinois