Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Stephen K. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:20:42 -0500
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:46:33 -0400  Bill Kapelas wrote:

According to their website it isn't spyware.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:51:39 -0400, Alan Schneider wrote:

I've recently learned that Gator, the program I've been using to fill in
web forms and passwords is spyware. I've stopped using the program.
Can anyone suggest a good alternative that is not spyware?
Thanks!
Alan and Bill:

I too found that Gator.com included "spyware" by running the AD-aware
program. In order to ascertain exactly what was being transmitted back to
Gator through my use of the program, I attempted to find out from Gator.
Below I have consolidated several e-mails whereby Gator addresses this
issue.

Stephen Brown wrote:
In your service agreement, the language below is included:
"In order to provide this Service, we collect information on your web usage"
and
"Gator.com may derive general information from your Personal Information and
web usage"
EXACTLY AND SPECIFICALLY, what information on web usage and what general
information from Personal Information and web usage is collected by
Gator.com?  Thank you for your response.
Stephen K. Brown

From: "Support" <[log in to unmask]>

Information that is passed to our server during registration is your name,
email address, if you set a password, your password, and your zip code (in
versions 1.2.1.1 and higher we also ask optional demographic information;
age group, gender, and income level).
We collect the demographic information for profiling, your name for
registration and to use to provide the password to users who forget theirs.
The rest of the information you enter into Gator is kept on YOUR computer,
in an encrypted file.
You can enter as much, or as little information as you wish, none of the
fields are required.
Gator.com will not voluntarily disclose, sell or trade your Personal
Information to any third party without your consent.
At times, Gator.com will aggregate the many profiles of users in an effort
to understand the types of products and services they desire. In this way,
Gator can deliver high value offers to Gator users.
For additional information, please see our Privacy Statement on the Gator
web site:
Alyson
--------------------------
"Stephen K. Brown" wrote:
Please respond to my first question: What specific information is collected
on web usage? Please be very detailed in your response.
--------------------------
From: "Support" <[log in to unmask]>
Gator does track web sites where it is used. However, it only tracks the
site, not user activity nor personal information at the site. We do this so
that we can assure the types of coupons / promotions offered best meet the
needs of the user.
Alyson
Additionally, if you continue to use Gator and do not wish to be bombarded
with ads and promotions be sure to "opt out".

Steve Brown

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html