Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:59:51 -0700
It is not clear what your problem is, but I might be able to offer some assistance. Since I use mostly Firefox, my comments will lean towards how that handles links.

If I click on a link that downloads as PDF, I will get a blank tab. (Pet peeve: Links that download a file without telling me it is doing so.) Anyway, although I get a blank page, a file is downloaded which can be accessed by clicking tools/downloads.

Now, what to do with that file? It depends on what kind of file it is. If it is a pdf, Adobe Reader should open it, assuming you have it on your computer. Personally, I use the free Foxit Reader as it does not pull nearly the resources as Adobe. It has served me well.

If it is an image file, there is likely a program on your computer that will read that, too, although many people use the free  http://www.irfanview.com/

For other file extensions, you might have to determine what program you need. Or perhaps your computer is pointing to the wrong program to open a file.

Does this get you a little closer to where you want to be? I  am an accountant so I appreciate the urgency, although you can always file an extension.

Bruce

--- On Mon, 4/11/11, Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Can't link from a  page or email
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, April 11, 2011, 11:28 AM

Miriam, it's not clear to me what you are trying to do.  What are you linking?  What software are you using?  Are you just trying to view webpages?
You mention 'Dss.axd(application/pdfobject)'.  A pdf document is like a photo or a fax, you can't copy the actual data from it and plug it into anything.
Paul Hachmeyer