Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:20:07 -0700
From: Ahror Rahmedov
Subject: [PCSOFT] Missing file: filesec.vxd

> Hello listers,
> What is the function of filesec.vxd file? Everytime I start my computer
> (Win95) I get this missing file message saying "filesec.vxd" could not be
> found. Then it asks me to press any key to continue. How can I stop it
from
> asking to press a key each time I restart my computer? If I'll need to
> replace the missing file, where can I get that filesec.vxd file?
> Thanks in advance,
> ahror
*****************************
Ahror,

The file "Filesec.vxd" is a 'virtual device driver' with this description:
"File Access Control Manager". It's an important file that deals with file
sharing protocol. The file should not be missing - some problem likely
caused windows to rename it, and as such, it's probably corrupt.

Because of the error you're getting, this site advises you to install the
Microsoft Client for Networks and TCP/IP, which should replace the file and
repair whatever problem caused the damaged file. Run windows help, and on
the ''Index" tab, type TCP/IP, then click "installing", for help with this
problem.
http://www.dynamicnet.net/support/fp/pfilesecvxd.htm

If that doesn't help, you can get the "filesec.vxd" file here:
http://marketwizz.net/windows95/win95b/FILESEC.VXD
If your are accessing the net and email without major problems, I would just
download the file, and put it in C:\windows\system, but I wouldn't advise
that approach unless the above method fails.

Alan Thompson

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html