Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 00:26:51 +1000
Anna wrote:
>Guys, what is the best C: drive image-file backup software - for a =
>reasonable price?  I don't want to clone to an entire partition - I want =
>to image the C: drive data to files that can be stored on a different =
>hard drive, or on DVD.  Ghost will do it, but it is from Sy-Man-Tec!  =
>Acronis is way too expensive.   Has anyone used Terrabyte's BootItNG or =
>their Image for Dos/Windows?  I have decided to try the Image for =
>Dos/Windows, but if anyone has already tried it, I would surely like to =
>know what you think of it.>>

I'm not too sure exactly what you want to do.  If you don't want to clone
the whole drive, but just want to save certain data files--which is what
you seem to be saying--why use any software at all? Just copy or drag and
drop the data to wherever you want to save it--DVD burner, other disk or
whatever.

Otherwise, Ghost seems to be well thought of, it's one that Sy-Man-Untec
haven't managed to stuff up yet, as far as I know.  I've only used it a
couple of times, to ghost my C-Drive to another partition, seemed to work
easily and well.  I can now run Windows from that spare partition if I want
to, it was much easier than reinstalling it.

Bootit also is very popular--I know several techies who use it.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml