Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Myra Drew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:08:35 EST
In a message dated 1/20/2004 10:04:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I can't figure out how to scan a form then use that to fill in the
> blanks(like a job application).

See below an article from KIM Komando's Tip of the Day

Subj:   Scan a form; See OCR in HP Help index
Date:   11/11/2003 1:10:35 PM Eastern Standard Time

Changing a form so it can be edited

Q. We have a real estate appraisal form that we have to fill out.
It will  not allow us to save it with the data so we can come back
and add more later. Nor can we edit it. I have to print a hard copy
and retype it. Is there some way I can convert the form or data to
Word so that I can keep it?

A. Sure you can. The right way to do the job depends on how many forms
you need to use.

First, let's cover the way to form freedom if you have many forms.

To get a form in your computer, you'll need a flatbed scanner. As the
name implies, it has a flatbed on which you lay documents or photos.
It has a lid, and under the lid, a plate of glass on which you lay your
document. The scanner digitizes whatever you place on the glass and
stores it on your computer.

Be sure the software that comes with the scanner includes an OCR
(optical character recognition) program.

Now, if you have a scanner but not OCR software, there are a number
of programs available. Two are Textbridge Pro by Scansoft ($79) and
Presto PageManager 6 by NewSoft ($80). You'll find more information
on them at:
    http://www.scansoft.com
    http://uk.newsoft.eu.com/

WoCar is another program you can use to scan a document and convert
the resulting image to a text document you can edit. And it's free.
    http://ccambien.free.fr/wocar/

When you scan a document into your computer, it is actually a picture.
Therefore, you can't type on it or otherwise edit it. OCR software is
used to convert the document image into an editable document. Every OCR
program I have used will convert images to Word.

Once you have converted the document to Word, type your answers in.
When you are satisfied, copy the answers to the original document,
which will still be on your computer. You can then send the document
off to the mortgage company, and you'll still have the Word document
for your records.

Now, if all you have is this one itsy-bitsy form, drop by your local
copy shop, such as Kinko's. There you can rent a computer with a
scanner by the hour, usually less than $15. The computers will have
the software you need to scan the form and save it as a Word document.

Myra Drew, [log in to unmask]
Windows XP Home, Version 2002, Service Pack 1
Pentium 4
504 MG  RAM
CPU 2.60 GHz

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: