Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:48:18 EDT
I have XP Home and here is where mine is located.  Right click  on 'My
Computer'
(C Drive).... go to 'Properties,' when that window opens, click on  the
'Tools tab,' and you will have two things to click on, the top one is 'Error
Checking' and the other is 'Defragmenting.'  On the 'Error Checking,' when  you
click on the 'Check Now' thing two other things will open up.... one is  '
Automatically fixes system errors' and the other one is 'Scan disk.' Say  yes when it
asks if you want to do this.

Put a check mark by both of them.  ((The first one will  check your disk when
you shut off your system and when it's starting up ....  that's when it will
do its work.))

Then after you have done the Scan Disk, do the Defrag one, then  shut down.
Make sure you have shut off all running programs in the  back ground before
you start this.  When I do a scan disk and defrag... it  takes me approx 30
minutes for both.  The Check Disk, when it's starting  back up, takes approx. 45
min.  Harriet

-------------------------------------
 may be wrong, but it is my understanding that XP Home edition does  not
automatically install some of the accessory system tools. They are on  the
installation CD, but need to be manually installed. The backup program  is
one that is not normally installed. I don't know about the defrag  utility.

Peter
----------------------------------

-----Original  Message-----
In answer to your first question - when you go  to
start/programs/accessories/system tools there should be a number of items  of
which "disk cleanup" and "disk defragmenter" are two. Both of these  are
built into XP and are free to use. I'm not sure what you come upon  that
needs to be purchased. Maybe some other program placed them there in  place
of the built in XP tools. It would be interesting if you could  determine
what company is offering these items. Using AdAware and Spybot  Search &
Destroy might find and eliminate the culprit  program.

http://www.aol.com.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml