Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:31:39 -0800
  When two mail servers are conversing, each line consists of a code number,
which may be followed by some text for humans to understand what's going on.

  "550" is the code for "No, I will not accept the message you're trying to
pass to me".  "Denied by policy" means that the server has been given a rule
to follow which dictates that it not accept the message.

  You would have to consult the folks at "charter.net" to find out what rule
your message is being rejected by.  Email to "[log in to unmask]"
*should* reach someone who can investigate the details.

David Gillett

On 2 Jan 2006 at 6:57, JOYA wrote:

> Every once in awhile I get all my mail outside my server returned to me with
> the following message :
>
> Recipient address:
>   Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
>   Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Denied by policy.
>   Remote system: dns;mail.charter.net (charter.net ESMTP)
>
> This only happens with certain e-mails. I can send something else to the
> recipient later and it goes through fine.
>
> I was wondering what the reason and diagnostic code meant?
>
> Thanks,
> Joya Bocock

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml