Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:23:36 -0800
I have heard that in some older versions of Windows, you can have
installation problems if the system date in the BIOS is grossly wrong. Not
sure if this is still an issue with XP. Basically if the date is way too
old, even before the OS was released, then parts of the install gets
confused.

Check to make sure the system date in the BIOS is correct. While in there,
also check the other parameters and make sure nothing is unusual. Maybe even
set it back to factory defaults. Remove any unusual hardware other than the
basic video card, disk, memory, and network. Things like overclocking and
other performance tweaks can cause issues. Save those for until after it is
all installed.

Russ Poffenberger

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ray Parrish
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] trouble installing windows xp

Hello,

What version of Windows? One possibility is that your install CD is
scratched or otherwise damaged, and cannot read some of the files it needs.

Later, Ray Parrish

tony bertog wrote:
>    I am trying to reinstall windows on my desktop and I keep getting a
> missing file error when windows is copying files.  Its not the same
> file every time I restart the install. I get a different file missing. And
if  I skip the file another pops up that is missing.  What could be the
cause of this?  I am able to get to the bios setup and boot screens so I
don't think its mother board or processor issues. What do you think??
> Windows LiveT HotmailR: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore
_012009

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows