Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:49:55 -0700
>What is the procedure to follow to install a
>software package on a network drive and make
>it available to one or more users?  Either one
>user at a time or multiple users at a time.
>The network is presently Lantastic >7.0/Win95
>peer to peer.

As wonderful as it would be, it doesn't work
this easily.

You can install a program on a network drive
without any problems and point everybody to
the location, BUT the software needs to have the
proper licensing to support multiple users,
otherwise only one individual can use it and
anyone else who tries will get a error similiar
to a sharing violation, or will lock up the
software for everybody.

IF the software supports multiple users, then
the manual or online help should give
instructions on how to install the software and
configure the client end.  We currently run the
WordPerfect OfficeSuite here on a Novell Netware
network.

The way it worked is that it basically installed
an image of the software cd onto the network,
then I logged onto each workstation that needed
access to the software and ran a setup program
that installed only the needed client software
and left everything else on the server.

Best of luck!
Lance Kephart
Kephart's Korner