Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
marilyn tellez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:29:16 -0800
Gee whiz!  This message to me was ancient.  I have inserted the cd into the
drive, but there is no message on the screen that tells me the drive has
read it.  I also have several e-mails that force me to go to endtask in
order to read my correct e-mails.
I think I need a doctor!  Thanks. mjt
----- Original Message -----
From: "Venkat Viswanathan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:25 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] The more I learn, the less I know

original post:-

<<<< On 8 Jan 2007 at 21:53, Don Penlington wrote:

> Marilyn wrote:
> >How do I get these images off of this cd with
> > > Firefox?>>
>
> To answer your question----You don't.  Firefox is an internet browser, =
and
> nothing to do with viewing images on CD's.

  I have at least one machine where the Microsoft Photo Editor comes up o=
the task bar, but never appears on the screen itself.  On that machine, I=

routinely use IE to open .jpg and .gif files, especially if I want to mak=
one of them the desktop background.  One *can* use a web browser to open =

local content of these types....

  It seems to me that in her initial message, Marilyn said that her "D:" =
and
"E:" drives were not visible.  Marilyn, I think we need to understand
whether this is a problem with your system recognizing that the CD is
present, or whether you need help understnading how to navigate to that =

drive to find the files.  Can you describe in more detail what you are do=
ing
when these drives fail to appear?

David Gillett>>>>

taking off from the last paragraph...

Marilyn tellez,

I AM ASSUMING THAT YOUR CD ROM DRIVE IS IN WORKING ORDER (you are able to=
 use
it for cds other than the one with which you are having trouble) and you =
have win xp...

(1) there are two types of cds. (a) auto run... which means a code is wri=
tten in the cd which makes it open itself when you insert in the drive (j=
ust after a few seconds) AND (b) cds created by people like us (hereagain=
 it is possible to include the AUTO RUN CODE ourselves) which have to be =
opened by double click on the icon.

(2) win xp (at least the PRO version) has a feature by which.. the moment=
 you insert you will find a "cd icon " attached to your mouse pointer.. a=
nd then a window "AUTO PLAY " reading the contents rapidly.... and then a=
nother window...

asking you... what do you want to do...

play with med.player,, print,, view slide show,, copy pictures, open in w=
indows explorer,, take no action.

in addition to all this there must be a LED light on your cdrom drive.

so just tell us what happens when you insert the troublesome cd. and sure=
ly the problem can be easily solved.

<<<< I went to my computer & tried to install it, but neither d or e driv=
es responds.>>>

sorry not clear on this. which is your cdrom drive d or e. when you say n=
othing responds does it mean that neither drive shows up when you double =
click " my computer icon" on the desk top???

let us know and good luck----Venkat

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml