Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Terry Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:43:03 -0600
Hi Charles,
        First, a point of clarification: Are you running Regclean 4.1,
or the new version, 4.1A, which was released in late December, 1997?
If you're running the old version, be sure to try the latest one and do
read the readme file.

        Check the following files in your C:\WINDOWS folder:
          system.ini
          win.ini

        You can edit both files with a simple text editor, or just right-click
in Explorer and use Wordpad to edit from there.
        What you will be looking for is any references to a program that
has been Removed or Deleted, an erroneous reference to a program that
you do have installed, or something else that looks out-of-place.
        If you do find something that looks out-of-place but are not sure
whether to delete the suspect line, please Post a followup.
        You can play with the Registry all day long, but errors in system.ini
and win.ini tend to work their way into the Registry and defeat the best
laid plans.
        Hope this helps.

                                        Terry L. Clark

Charles Mims wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm going to delurk to ask for your help before I become bald (er).  I > have a PIONEX P200 with 32 m memory running Win95 (OSR2) and IE40.  My > problem is the registry continually corrupts.  I will start the
> machine and get the message that windows had problems accessing the
> registry, restart and allow the registry to be restored.  I click
> restart and nothing happens, the computer freezes.  If I click NO to
> restarting twice, the computer will continue to boot, and I can work
> normally with the registry warning continuing to pop up.  I've run
> RegClean 4.1, even reformatted and reinstalled only essential
> programs.  After the reformat, the problem went away for several
> weeks, and then occured again today.  I've run out of ideas, and > reinstalling seems fruitless if I can't determine what is causing
> it.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Charles

                         Need help with PCSOFT: