Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:39:35 -0700
Mark,

I have been a long time user of various versions of NT since 1992. Here
is my take on XP Pro versus Windows 2000. In XP I can run some software
in Win98 compatibility mode that would not run under Win2k. Windows
Explorer crashed so often under Win2k that I stopped using it and used
the free version of PowerDesk instead. XP has a stable Explorer and it
includes handling of ZIP files, etc. so that I am back to using the
Explorer interface for file operations.

The wizards I too can do without, and I am still fighting some
configuration problems where XP keeps going back to some other settings
rather than the ones I "saved".

I am running XP on an older machine with a P2 396MHz (overclocked 350),
but I do have 512M RAM on it. Performance is ok - don't seem much
difference from Win2k for my applications. I run mostly the MS Office
(now using Office XP), some Photoshop, and a lot of MS Word with
pictures inserted.

Just my experience.

Peter
Peter Shkabara P.E. - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh