Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:42:51 -0600
Boy, you sure got some interesting advice so far.  So, let's see if we can
cut through it a bit...

1)  As long as the existing registry is in place and you only intend to
      reload over it, then you must have the exact same key code or it
      will not reinstall windows, erring out wanting the original serial number.
2)  The key code cannot be entered by typing in just any set of of
       letters or numbers, as they must meet an algorithm designed
       to meet an expected result in order to work...  this is only for
       original install or an install where you have deleted out the system.dat
       file...  you must have a serial number that Windows will accept.
3)   You have stated that Windows has been brought to it's knees, which
       I take that it will not start, Winston's idea will not work, though it is
       on the right track.

In order to get the key code from a PC where Windows exists on the hard
drive and it will not start...  boot using a Windows boot disk. (We have
copies of nearly all Dos and Windows boot disks on our web site at:
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml )...

Then, at the command prompt, ( A:\> ), type the following:

  A:\>c:\windows\command\edit.com  c:\windows\system.dat  [press enter]

Now, as Winston told you earlier, just use Search for ProductKey and you
can read out the serial number.  Once you have it written down, close
EDIT.COM and use your CD to reinstall Windows...   or you can do as
you need with the Install CD, as you have the Product Key for this PC
and installation can be done to make it as intended by Microsoft, if that
includes format and reinstall for your customer.

     Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group, Inc.
http://nospin.org - http://freepctech.com

                       http://freepctech.com/rode