Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:09:46 -0500
At 07:58 PM 2/11/1998Dale Bryant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am reposting this since it's been up for a few days and has received no
>response.  .  .
>
>>I have an invoicing software package made by My Software Company called
>>Easy Custom Invoices.  The problem that I am having is when I try to run a
>report  I get Illegal Operation errors that result in Invalid Page Faults in
>>P2BXBSE.DLL & MFC40.DLL.  Has anyone run into this problem and have a
>>solution for me?

Dale:

I have no experience with this software but offer the following
**generic** advice:

Before starting, confirm you have at least the minimum system
requirements for the software.

First, back up ALL your data and program files. Do it twice on
different media if the data is important.

Second, verify your RAM memory is working properly. Memory
errors can lead to Page Faults. Check to see if your SIMMs
are well-seated, and the L-2 cache chips as well. Verify
there is no excess heat or dust in your case. While you are
inside the case, check all connections, too. You can try turning
off your L-1 and L-2 cache, and slow down the RAM access
in your CMOS setup, and see if the problem goes away.

Third, verify your hard drive is working properly. Run ScanDisk
with surface analysis; have it fix with undo files. Run NORTON
if you have it. If you are using Windows 3.1, try it without a
SWAP FILE.

Then, try your software with the minimum utilities, other
programs and drivers loaded.

Then, try your re-installing your software on top of the existing
installation (after confirming, as best as you can, that this
action will not wipe out your settings and your data; which
was backed up, anyway).

Finally, try reinstalling P2BXBSE.DLL & MFC40.DLL. I don't
presume to tell anyone how to do that.

Hope that helps.

John Chin

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]