Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:44:20 -0500
Michael C Soto wrote:

> And, some interesting trivia is that PKWare was not only one of the
> original companies to use this compression method - They were the ones
> that invented it. "PK" in PKWare stands for Phil Katz, the programmer who
> developed the algorithms. Sadly, he passed away last year, I believe, and
> nobody took notice. I heard it announced on another internet newsletter,
> but no major news sites even mentioned the poor guy. He really did
> contribute a lot by providing a compression format that became the
> standard for file compression.

Phil Katz was a tragic genius. There was a multipage article in the Wall
Street Journal, but little else that wasn't "online".
http://www.pkware.com/philkatz.html
http://www.twcny.rr.com/technofile/texts/bit043000.html
http://www.macnow.com/issues/2000/05/ed2k05a.html
http://www.esva.net/~thom/philkatz.html