Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:01:45 -0400
At 20:33 06/15/02, Larry Stewart wrote:
 > I don't have my note on it now but seems to me the
 > fix is to get the view you desire set up, then click
 > on the "remember view" as you've already done and
 > make sure it is for "all folders" - THEN, exit
 > Windows Explorer using the Close tab or the Close
 > "X" and reboot. Should remain as you want after that.

I think this only works for relatively short periods
of time...until some memory buffer runs out...and then
things revert. The method never worked long for me
and I've had this problem with every version of windows
(95, 98, 98SE, NT4, 2K) that I've used.

If the PCSOFT archives went back far enough, you could
find lots of old threads (rants?) on this very same
problem. I talking five or six years ago...

I finally got so fed up with losing my folder view
settings that I switched from "open each folder in its
own window" to "open each folder in the same window".
The remember view setting ("same view...like current
folder") does work in this case...although it may
require disabling active desktop. (It took me a while
to get used to having only one folder window open at
a time, but then I realized that I could always double
click My Computer again when I wanted a second folder
window open.)

I'll bet that people who like to "drag and drop" files
from one folder to another are the ones who like lots
of folder windows open at the same time. And people
who like to "cut and paste" files are perfectly happy
with just one folder window open.

Regards,
Bill

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: