Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:35:23 -0500
Is the pop-up blocker turned on?  Try turning it off (temporarily) and see
if that helps.
(I have had the pop-up blocker cause trouble when trying to load programs
from
the internet.)

Dean Kukral

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Penlington" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:09 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Failed program installations

In the last few days, I've \struck the same problem 3 times , each on
different friends' computers

Installation of a new program (a different one on each computer) has failed
to commence. Each computer has automatic XP updates, and each is less than
2 years old. Each program has normally installed on other computers with no
problems (One is Google Earth). They are quite recent programs which I run
OK on XP. There are no error messages---just a flash of something ( a dos
screen?) then just no action. The computer is otherwise normal, no freezes
or blank screens.

Has there been a recent XP update which might conceivably block normal
software installation? (I guess that's one way of keeping your computer
clean!).

In neither case could I get into Safe Mode---after trying the usual F8 or
Delete.

I'm wondering whether I could install the new software by running the
BartCE disk.  Has anyone tried this?

Don Penlington

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml