Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Al Anger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:21:23 -0800
In our last episode
Alan Miles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        A recent article in PC World (3/98) on Win'95 specifies a swap file
>size
>of approx 3 times the amount of RAM on the system. An example of 32Mb was
>given in the article and suggested that a 100MB swap file would do it

I would suggest monitoring the size of your swap file for a few days.
Then add 25%(approx) to the highest file size reached. Run your computer
'hard' during these tests. Alot depends on the size and fullness of the
drive.

> A neat trick I read said to create
>a partition that is the size of the swap file and move it to the new
>partition. You can specify the drive letter while making the above changes.

If you lucky enough to have two separate hard drives, put the swap file
on the  D: drive. If you happen to have two drives and two EIDE
channels...   :~)

Also, I like to set the min and the max to the same setting. This
eliminates Win 95 from pausing when re-sizing the swap file.
Anyone else with an opinion on this?

Al

The Road Kill Cafe

You Kill It...We Grill It!
Eating is more fun when you know it was hit on the run!