Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:07:08 +1000
Lewis wrote:
>In the past he has used Go Back and likes it very much, but doesn't know
>if he should use XP's System Restore.>>

Tell him to use both.  I haven't used Go-Back, but System Restore can be
rather brittle and has a number of serious deficiencies.  It is not wise to
rely on it alone:

1. By default, it discards early Restore Points as it created new ones,
depending on how much space you allocate it. Thus you may be limited in how
far back you can restore.

2. Sometimes, especially when there's a virus found in the Restore system,
you are advised to disable System Restore in order to clean your
computer.  This also has the effect of wiping ALL restore points.

3. If a restore point gets corrupted, you may find that you cannot restore
to this or, sometimes, to any restore point.

Therefore, if you have a more robust alternative such as Go-Back, use
it.  Two backups are always wiser than one, if you have the space.

You CAN burn a set of Restore Points to a CD and later replace them if you
want to restore, but you have to be careful to do it for each drive, and to
replace and name them exactly as you originally found them.
It works, but I wouldn't rely on it 100%.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>