Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:52:34 -0800
Thank you for the feedback Jacob. Based on that information, I did some more
investigating. Access does work properly from the command prompt on my
system! The culprit turns out to be a program I was using to start the
command prompt. Under NT, I got used to using DeZkTop, a program launcher -
toolbar sort of environment. It is when Access is started using any form of
DeZkTop that Access cannot open or save files.

The author of DeZkTop says that he uses CreateProcess to launch new
applications. It worked fine for all versions of NT, but causes problems
under Win2K. I have solved my problem by not using DeZkTop, although it was
a convenient item, and I am still curious as to why the problem comes up.

The only remaining problem then appears to be that of PowerPoint2k files
becoming 3 times larger when saved under Win2k. Can anyone reproduce the PP
action?

Peter Shkabara
_______________________________
http://pesh.what.cc

-----Jacob wrote-----
I use Win2k and Access2k since win2kcr2. I never had any problems with
Access.
After the discussion I've tried to start Access from the command prompt but
I had no problem at all.
I've also tried to open it by double-clicking to the database, and the same
thing happened:

-----Peter wrote-----
1. The problem with Microsoft Access 2000 not opening or saving files. This
will happen if you start the program form a command prompt, or with some
program launchers (toolbars, etc). I still don't know why this happens, but
the solution is to use the Start/Programs menu, the Office Shortcut Bar, or
the Win2K Toolbars.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html