Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:20:47 -0500
Hello Adam,

There are a lot of variables involved in doing what you want to do. If you
want to back up your CD music collection you can make copies using your CD
burner's software, or convert them to a smaller format for storage on a hard
drive. Blank CD-R disks are cheap and so are hard drives.

Then from the original or back up disk (I suggest using the back up) rip the
individual songs you want for use on your RIO player as needed. Make custom
audio CDs the same way. As a guide to the bitrate to use, the following is
from MusicMatch:

WAV @ 1411 kbps (CD quality)
MP3 @ 128 kbps (CD quality)
MP3 @  96 kbps (near CD quality)
MP3 @  64 kbps (FM radio quality)

MusicMatch will rip from a bitrate of 8 to 320 kbps in MP3 format. I rip all
my CDs at a 160 kbps bitrate. I can't tell the difference from a ripped song
at 128 kbps and the original, but with the mileage and past abuse of my
ears, it doesn't make a difference to me. I think it would take a young
person with really keen ears to justify anything over a 160 kbps bitrate.

I'm not affiliated with it in any way but I've used it for years. MusicMatch
just about does it all and includes a Portable Device Manager to use with
the RIO. I recommend you check it out here:
http://www.musicmatch.com/home.htm

Sven Swanson, Sr.