Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 23:18:56 -0500
>Amado Pino wote:

>I'm all set to upgrade to Win98, but I have a question before I do so
>that maybe someone in this mailing list could help me with. I'm afraid
>that maybe Win98 won't have the drivers for my GI Surfboard cable modem,
>and I won't be able to use it if I do upgrade, I was thinking of maybe
>using System Commander so that I could have both 95 & 98, just in case I
>can't access my surfboard with win98, I could still reboot and use it
>with win95. Does anyone in here know if win98 will have drivers for it?
>

>Amado Pino

Here is some information on the Surfboard cable modem from the Win 98
message board.  You need an upgrade before you can use  your modem.  There
have been many Win 95 drivers that won't work or install in Win 98, my STB
video card is one of them also.  If you need more information let me know.

You can't use your Surfboard cable modem without an update to ndis.vxd
(build 1651)
You can't get the file you need (ndis.vxd) unless you go to the update
site and download winshut.exe..
You can't go to the update site without WIN 98.

I explained all this to MS support and asked that the driver be placed
here.  I don't know if it will do any good by itself, but I have
attached a copy to this message.
The file belongs in your \windows\system folder.  Copy your old one to
another folder (in case this doesn't work for you) and move this one
in.  Then uninstall your Surfboard through Device Manager.  Have your
diskettes from Surfboard and your Beta CD handy.  On reboot, you will be
asked for the Surfboard driver (on the diskettes).  When the system
tells you you have a file newer than the one it wants to install, keep
the newer one.  You may have to tweak your TCP/IP stack for the
Surfboard protocol when you are done, but I used this method and
everything went smoothly.  I'm back to 175-225KBps download speed.
ZOOM!
Good luck!!
John

Mary Wolden