Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 06:17:07 +0930
No state secrets, no child porn, just a sneaking feeling that somebody is
using my download allowance by logging in to my wifi network.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hugh Vandervoort
Sent: Wednesday, 22 May 2013 5:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Wifi leeching

Unless you give up WiFi, you're vulnerable. OTOH, what's the chance someone
is going to select your signal from the millions available and then spend
the time and effort to hack you?  Even then, what would they get? If you're
keeping state secrets or child porn on your computer, don't do it any more.
Otherwise, don't worry about the miniscule chance of a hacker.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Gregg Pfaff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Below is a description of a program hackers use to get into WIFI routers.
> I took out it's name and replaced with ###### but, most of you
> probably know what I'm talking about. I'm told there is no way to
> change the manufacturers 4 digit PIN code which is in every router and
> allows administrative access to our WIFI. I'd think the only way to
> protect ourselves is to change our pass phrase every day?? or does
> anyone know how to change this manufacturer default 4 digit PIN?//I
> have a LINKSYS by CISCO wifi router.
>
> /("###### implements a brute force attack against Wifi Protected Setup
> (WPS) registrar PINs in order to recover WPA/WPA2 pass phrases.// /
>
> /###### has been designed to be a robust and practical attack against
> WPS, and has been tested against a wide variety of access points and
> WPS implementations. /
>
> /On average ###### will recover the target AP's plain text WPA/WPA2
> pass phrase in 4-10 hours, depending on the AP. In practice, it will
> generally //take half this time to guess the correct WPS pin and
> recover the pass
> phrase.")
> /
>
> /Gregg