Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:44:33 +0000
> I  want to set up a small network with:
> 3 x  286 (2 meg RAM)
> 1 x  486SX (6 meg)
> 1 x  Cyrix 686/200+ (64 meg)
>
> I have access to Novell 3.12.
>
> My question: will Novell run with Win 3.1.?
> I can't install Win 3.11 on the 286s, it wants 386 or above.

I would stay away from Novell on this and try Artisoft Lantastic.
Current versions are backward compatible with older ones, in many
combinations, and machines Win3.1 and Win95 and DOS can
usually talk to each other. When installing it on a Win95 machine,
watch your install order very carefully. I'd start with a virgin of
newly formatted drive on the 686, actually.

No way you can put a 386 boards and some memory and such into those
286s? 2 megs is so cramped, you'll have a heck of a time doing any
network ops, I'm afraid, unless you use them as dumb terminals. Only
286s I know of, still running, are dedicated to word processing or
printing labels or invoices, with impact printers. Most are way at
the end of their useful lives, fer sher! But I admire your resistance
to the throw-away attitude so prevalent in technology use. Good luck!

Martha Knight
Sound Ideas

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]