Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:01:58 +1000
This is not a problem, I'm just seeking enlightenment.

1. When I open Regedit, am I looking at ALL the data contained in both
User.dat and System.dat?

2. If I export "My computer" using Regedit, is this identical to making
copies of User.dat and System.dat?  There must be some other stuff as well,
because if I do this, the Regedit export is larger than the sum of these 2
files, in my case by .5 Mb.  Which files are represented by this extra
data?  The config and ini files seem too small to account for this missing
mass.

Perhaps this is the "missing mass" that cosmologists have been searching
for, that holds the Universe together?  If so, Bill Gates may be closer to
God than we had supposed.

3.  Could I just make a copy of those files, rename them with a .reg
extension, and restore the complete registry by double-clicking?  If the
answer is yes, I assume that the restoration won't be effective until the
next reboot, as I believe that all this data is loaded into memory at
bootup. I guess that's why a substantial portion of memory is used just to
keep Windows running.

4. In Win 95B, I have 2 files in my root directory--io.dos and io.sys. Is
this normal? Both are identical size.  Although they are in binary form,
the contents appear at a glance to be identical.  Are they both necessary?
If not, which should I delete?

Don Penlington
Visit my Web pages: http://members.xoom.com/donpen.1/
A horrible mixture of fractals, poetry, and free icons.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
          the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions