Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Brown, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:51:18 -0500
Ralph Wrote;

>A friend of mine is using Netscape v4.5 and is encountering a strange
>problem.
>When he begins to type an email address in the mail header, as soon as
>he begins typing,
>the "to" address in, his ISP address appears in red followed by <no
>match found> also in red type.

In this version of Netscape it works more closely with your Personal
address book and Internet search places to provide you with a "global"
list.

Until the address is found it will check your Personal address book
(default) once you type the @ it fills in your service provider as the
domain if it found no other matches.  If you keep typing, the address
will let you continue and also erase the red part.  If you hit enter at
any time it will accept the whole thing as the correct address.

Netscape 4.0x did the same thing, however when there were no matches it
didn't try to fill anything in, it just allowed you to type everything
in.

I suggest that he start adding more addresses into the personal address
book and this will cause less "<no match found>" errors.

You can test this by having your friend add your address [log in to unmask]
into his personal address book filling in your name and also your "nick
name".  Then open a new message, start typing "Ral" and wait a second
and he will see your address filled in in red.

That will be $25 please :)

douglas

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html