Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:10:02 -0500
Any method of communication will slow down when it is heavily used.
Around here Cox cable is probably the fastest, but my friend complained
that it slowed down in the evening.  I have had DirecTV (now Hughsnet)
and it slowed down significantly between six and eight in the evening.
Now I have WildBlue, like you, and it seems to have a mind of its own.
But even at 1.5mbs, I cannot stream video - it has to be buffered a bit.

However, it does seem unreasonable that your sister next door is faster
if she is ALSWAYS faster.  (It would be difficult to test this.)  Maybe
her equipment is in better working order.  Maybe your contacts are not
as clean as they ought to be or maybe your receiver is not up to snuff.
However, if you are working at the full 500kbs later in the evening, it
seems that you are in full working order.  I pay and extra $30/mo for
the 1.5mbs.  If you are frustrated with your speed, then maybe it would
be worth it to you.  However, the satellite is the choking point and it
can only deliver the signal just so fast.  I don't know if a priority is
given to premium subscribers or not.

The real bummer is that I pay $80/mo for my satellite ISP, and my buddy
in the city pays $40/mo for his Cox internet and his is EIGHT times
faster than mine!!!  (One of the disadvantages of living in a rural
area.)

Dean Kukral