Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ed Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:35:09 -0500
Hello Techies: Lately I've been experiencing severe slow-down problems on my machine. If I double click any program on my desktop, it takes over 30 to 45 seconds before anything at all happens, not including additional loading time for the selection. I have installed  a "MEMTURBO II" program to monitor my cpu and memory usage at any given time and, it shows me some very surprising things. First of all, my cpu (1.10ghz celeron) usage never goes below 67% and, very frequently goes up to the full 100% which in turn(accordingto the memturbo graph) shows that my usable free memory drops to about 1mb for awhile and then, everything returns to normal, I think (about 300mb of 512mb installed). All of the above symtoms were occurring while the machine was idle, that is, I was not doing anything at these times, just sitting there looking at it. I went to Windows system page and found that the performance percentage for most of the time remains at around 55%. I've been told by other people that something is eating at my resources and overloading my cpu but, I don't have the knowledge to know how to find out what is doing this.  Is there a procedure that is available that can be used to find out what is gobbling up my resources? It sure would help this dummy.                                                                                          WIN98SE                                                                 Here's what I've got: MSI 5309 mobo ver. 5.0--1.10ghz celeron---512mb sdram--ATI Radeon 7000 video card,--SB pci 16 sound card. Running on DSL. The usual amount of home user programs. Nothing fancy or exotic.  Incidentally, I routinely clean out my internet files and cookies and defrag about once a month. Can anybody out there come up with any answers?  Thanks  Ed Bogert

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml