Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 20:08:36 -0400
At 04:22 09/01/00, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:25:32 -0400, <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > We're talking about the individual files (shortcuts) in
> > the "Exploring Start - Menu" window.
> >
> > To get the "Exploring - Start Menu" window, left click on an
> > empty area of your taskbar. (The one that contains the Start
> > button on the left and the icon tray with clock and speaker icon
> > on the right.)
> >
> > Choose "properties" from the menu and you will get the "Taskbar
> > Properties" window. Choose the "Start Menu Programs" tab in this
> > window and you will get a window called "Exploring Start Menu".
> > Click on the "Advanced" button and the "Exploring - Start Menu"
> > window will appear. Click on the Programs folder (in the left pane)
> > and you will see folders and shortcut files in the right pane. These
> > are the things that you see in your Start menu. Change the icons of
> > these shortcuts to change the icons you see in your Start menu.
>
>Thanks. In second paragraph you mean right click. Problem is SOME of the
>icons in Start Menu have Shortcut tab when Properties is clicked. The one
>I want to change does not. It used to have program specific icon, now it
>has generic icon. I want to change it back. I have Win98se.

Hi Demetri

Sorry, right click. There's also a mistake (due to bad editing on my part)
in the third paragraph. It should read:

 > Choose "properties" from the menu and you will get the "Taskbar
 > Properties" window. Choose the "Start Menu Programs" tab in this
 > window and click on the "Advanced" button. The "Exploring - Start Menu"
 > window will appear. Click on the Programs folder (in the left pane)
 > and you will see folders and shortcut files in the right pane. These
 > are the things that you see in your Start menu. Change the icons of
 > these shortcuts to change the icons you see in your Start menu.

Anyway...

Does the shortcut with generic icon work? Usually when the icon
for a shortcut changes to a generic icon, it's because the shortcut
points to the wrong location. (The original executable program might
have been moved or deleted...or of course the address in the shortcut
could have become corrupted.)

As to the missing shortcut tab, all the files that you see in
"Exploring - Start Menu" don't have to be shortcuts. Is it possible
that you have an actual executable file in there (not a shortcut)?
Such a file wouldn't have a shortcut tab when you view its properties.
Maybe you could move this file elsewhere, create a shortcut for it,
and put the shortcut in the Start Menu folder. Then it would have a
shortcut tab with a change icon button.

Regards,
Bill

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: