Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:26:15 -0600
Jeffrey Delzer wrote:

> I didn't see this issue in the list archives, so I hope it hasn't been recently
> asked and answered. I'm running Windows 2000 SP1 and recently discovered that
> some sound events are no longer working properly. The easiest to duplicate is
> when I left click on the speaker icon in the Systray to adjust the volume: I
> expect to hear a 'ding' sound, but I get the PC speaker beep, instead. I found
> a MS KB article on the issue, (link below), but the fix didn't work for me. Has
> this happened to anyone else?
>
>  http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/2/56.ASP
>
> Jeff Delzer

I didn't see any replies to this problem, but I sort of figured it out
by myself and want to share my solution with the list in case others
have the same problem.

I realized that only one account, (Administrator), was having this sound
event problem, so I logged into one of my other accounts, exported the
appropriate HKCU hive of the registry, then logged back in as
Administrator and imported the previous export. This fixed my problem,
although I don't know if it was the right way or if there are better
ways to do it. Feedback is appreciated.

Jeff Delzer